This week I stayed at the University of Nottingham for a taste of what University would be like and it was honestly one of the best experiences of my life. I’m so glad I had the courage to apply, not only did I meet some fantastic people, but I also laughed a lot and became more confident within myself. Here’s a few points about this week:
- I’m really shy, so naturally I was really nervous, to the point I began to worry I would make no friends and spend the whole week alone. I actually shouldn’t have been worried about anything because everyone was lovely, I didn’t speak to everyone but it felt as if we were all friends and I’ve never experienced that before.
- Mind games were played constantly and I can successfully say I understand most of them.
- I now know I definitely want to study English and History at university, the academic sessions were really interesting and I found myself enjoying the majority of them. I also learned some old English – am I bilingual now?
- The University of Nottingham is so pretty and wonderful, I enjoyed myself so much I have the dilemma of maybe wanting to go to a university close to home. A thing I didn’t want to do at all before this week.
- My new favourite game is called Pony and sounds a little perverted. I’m actually really sad that I’ll probably never play it again for a long time.
- Chanting is thing that has destroyed my throat forever.
- Some participants and ambassadors changed Jason Mraz’s ‘I’m Yours” to suit the Summer School and I probably won’t be able to listen to that song for a while without feeling extreme sadness
- I’ll miss all the people immensely. Not only the people who became my friends but also those I never spoke to and all the ambassadors. Thank you for being wonderful and fantastic.